Your website design is crucial to your success now more than ever. Does your website feature a mobile-friendly design? If not, it is high time it did. A mobile friendly website is the way to go in e-commerce as well as a law firm or financial adviser as you will realize later on in this article. But first, let us get to understand the meaning of a mobile friendly design.
What Is a Mobile Friendly Website Design?
This is simply a website design that enables a website to be accessed from a mobile device with all its functionalities. While websites will not have problems opening on desktops, they certainly will when it comes to mobile phones. This is due to the fact that mobile phones feature smaller screens than what desktops do and therefore will not be able to properly accommodate the web pages. It is only through mobile optimization that websites can be effectively accessed from mobile devices.
What Percentage Of Internet Traffic Is Mobile In 2019?
According to techjury.net, a web traffic analysis website, mobile browsing accounted for 52.1% while desktop had 44.2% of global website traffic in the first quarter of 2019. Mobile browsing continues to dominate with the percentage expected to rise above 60% by the end of 2019. This goes without saying, your visitors are using their cellphones to look up your company information.
What Is The Importance Of A Mobile Optimized Website
- Increased Traffic: As you are aware, the largest amount of web traffic globally comes from mobile users. By offering a mobile friendly website, you will be catering to this segment of internet users, which generates the largest amount of traffic. Consequently, you will witness increased traffic, lower bounce rate and more returning visitors.
- A mobile friendly design makes your website available to more visitors: A primary benefit of mobile devices is that they are so portable that we can carry them in our pockets. The same cannot be said about desktops. This portability allows users to access the internet from wherever they are. Optimizing your website for mobile makes it more available to internet users as they can conveniently access it from their mobile phone as opposed to strictly desktop, which after all, is not so portable.
- It Improves Your Rankings: Since 2015, Google has increasingly ranked websites that are mobile friendly higher than ones that aren’t. If your website is not a mobile friendly, you are going to miss out on visitors who very well could turn into a customer. Google will not rank your site, your customers are not going to be able to find you on the web, thus missing out on your goods/services and eventually ending up with a competitor. Google is a business, just like you, they want the user to keep coming back and to tell a friend to use their search engine as opposed to a competitor’s site. This could affect Google in terms of revenue and that is why they would not hesitate to penalize your site for not being mobile friendly. So, ignoring this directive, as you can see, is going to have a negative impact on all parties. Having a mobile friendly site will make the Google bots happy thus improve your rankings.
- Having a Mobile Friendly Website Means Making More Money: The most important reason to have a mobile friendly website is to increase the bottom line. Getting higher rankings in Google means more visitors who need your services. The more visitors to your site, the more leads which will convert into more sales.
“96% of people searching for legal advice use Google”
74% of people look at the law firm’s website before taking action.
- It Enables You to Provide a Better Browsing Experience: It is important to note that websites that are not mobile friendly can still be accessed through the mobile device, depending on the type of device in question. If the website does load on a mobile device, not all features and/or functionalities may load. This creates an unpleasant user experience making it difficult for users to remain on the site which increases your bounce rate. According to Google, 61% of users are unlikely to return to a site they had trouble accessing from their mobile devise. Providing a better user experience is critical, the best way to do so is to optimize for mobile.
- It Gives You an Edge Over Your Competitors: It is surprising that despite all the obvious benefits of mobile optimization, many websites are yet to be optimized. Canonicalized did a study in 2018, where they tested one million websites and found that 23.83% of them were not mobile friendly! Having a mobile friendly website will definitely give you an advantage over your competitors who have non-mobile friendly websites.
Have no idea if your website is mobile friendly? Fair enough, there are many amazing tools you can use to know if your site is mobile optimized or not. Most of these tools are quite easy to use. All you have to do is to enter your URL and press the button. The software will analyze your website in seconds and let you know the status of your site with respect to mobile optimization.
How Can I View the Mobile Version of a Web-page from a Desktop?
You can easily view a mobile version of a web page from a desktop by using Google Chrome.
- Simply go to “Developer Tools” on Chrome.
- Turn Device Mode on or off by clicking the ‘Toggle Device Toolbar’ button. ( When Device Mode is on, icon is blue).
- Finally, with device mode enabled, refresh the web-page to enable the mobile version to load.
There are plenty of good reasons to switch to a mobile friend website. Improved rankings, increased traffic, more revenue possibilities, better user experience, and an edge over your competitors. Taking all these benefits into account, it is high time you optimized your site for mobile users. As an experienced mobile optimization expert, I can help you with that. All you have to do is to contact us when you are ready to start.